Monday, May 10, 2010

The Virtues of Monty Python


Recently, I realized that my goal in life is to make every person alive a Monty Python lover. Every so often, a movie comes along that is so random, so gut-wrenching-laugh-inducing, so perfect, that a nerdy teenager MUST blog about it. Ladies, gentlemen, and undecided (can I say that?) I present to you, MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL! From the minds of Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Eric Idle, Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin comes a movie that has changed my outlook on life. If you have not already seen Monty Python I will give you 10 solid reasons why you *should build a shrine to Monty Python* watch this move. (I have longer list in my room…I made it into wallpaper.) If you have already seen MPATHG then get ready to giggle awkwardly in class and think to yourself, “That’s so true!” Here we go…

1.) Whenever you are walking to a destination, you will have the urge to break into a gallop and bang two coconuts together. People may look at you strangely, but you know that better men before you have used this method of transportation with great success.



2.) The next time you see a coconut in the grocery store you will mumble the words, “A swallow carrying a coconut? It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.” You will then consider proposing to the stranger who overhears you and says, “It could be carried by an African Swallow!”



3.) Whenever your sibling requests access to your room you will stand at the entrance screaming “Ni!” and insist they return with a shrubbery.



4.) When you are being bossed around by your parent/teacher/employer you will accidently yell the words, “Help, help, I’m being repressed! Do you see him repressing me?!” Or, you will try to gather an angry mob against said parent/teacher/employer screaming “She’s a witch!” with accusations of newt-transformation.



5.) Whenever you are injured you will try to convince those around you that it’s only a flesh-wound.



6.) Your next encounter with the school bully will involve you saying, “I fart in your general direction” in a French accent.



7.) You will shudder with fear at the sight of a bunny.



8.) When your mother says “Bring down your laundry!” you will be inclined to scream back, “Bring out your dead!”



9.) You will end every prayer with, “All foes…shall snuff it.”



10.) You will understand this ridiculous list.

4 comments:

  1. wow this is such an awesome list. i love love love love LOVE this movie... and i have a stuffed killer bunny in my room, no joke

    (btw, severalsilent told me about this blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. Whenever I write stuff I think everyone will hate it! (wait, does that make me a masochist...) And Several is totally doing her job then! She's definitely getting a shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol several's a guy... :) and he made his own blog now, it's wikidorkia.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooops! Oh gosh, its such a bad habit to assume every Sparkler is a girl! Well hes about to have another follower!

    ReplyDelete