Friday, June 18, 2010

Let me Reintroduce Myself: 10 Things I Hate About You

Okay, you're about to experience a case of Deja Vu. This was my very first post, but I figured that nobody would have read my first post; hence, me re-posting it.

Look at any 90's teen flick. The set up is always the same. There's always the pretty girl, with lots of friends, an in-it-to-win-it attitude, and beautiful shiny hair. Then, somehow, the said "it" girl had a socially awkward best friend who's sanity was in question. Well, I'm that second girl. Don't get me wrong...I look normal on the outside (I think), but I can geek it up with the best of 'em. That ridiculously awesome person (who will end up marrying an oil tycoon, write a children's book, and find a cure for cancer) is Alice, my sister and best friend. In the aforementioned 90's flick the shiny-haired heroine is on the brink of awesome-ness. She gets invited to all the cool parties and drags along the un-cool best friend...which is not unlike what is happening here. The dorky girl has no idea how to party, and I have no idea how to blog. Actually I don't know how to party either but we'll get to that later. So I'm just going to do this my way. (Somewhere Alice is shuddering).



Fact 1.) My name is Ellie Everdeen. You can call me Ellie Everdeen.


Fact 2.) Alice is my best friend and sister. You probably guessed that already. (If you haven't that means you didn't understand me the first time I said it...and that would make you an idiot...in which case you should stop reading...and go away.) I will be talking about her a lot in this blog.


Fact 3.) I sincerely wish that I had theme music playing around me at all times. Preferably it would change with my mood. If my life up until this point were put to song, I'm pretty sure it would be "Beverly Hills" by Weezer.



Fact 4.) Monty Python and the Holy Grail is the best movie ever made. Closely followed by The Princess Bride. Don't argue with me.



Fact 5.) I have an unhealthy obsession with Disney Movies. Why go out and party when you could be home watching Pocahontas?


Fact 6.) For the most part I enjoy books more than people.


Fact 7.) Alice and I both do not enjoy stupid nicknames that others may find funny or amusing. Do not call her Alice Cullen and do not call me Smelly Ellie. No ones laughing.


Fact 8.) Alice and I are closer than most sisters. Which also means we fight. A lot. Some may say, "You guys fight too much." But like we always say, It's not fighting until someone's on the ground.


Fact 9.) I'm exaggerating on that last one...or am I?


Fact 10.) 15 percent of Americans secretly bite their toes. This means that 15 out of every 100 people you come in contact with are less civilized than chimps. So whenever someone really pisses you off you can always think to yourself, "They're probably one of the 15...the savage." Bet you feel better right? Yeah, you're welcome.

Okay, that's all you need to know (all I'm gonna tell you) for now. It's nice to meet you.

*In my best Kanye impression* Ellie OUT!

P.S. No, I don't understand the picture either.

3 comments:

  1. Haha very nice post Ellie, you're right, I never did see it and I'm glad I did now. :D
    4 and 5 are so true, and 8 goes for me as well. People ask my my sister and I fight so much. Well, it's because we understand each other so well-- to the point of being able to mess directly with each other's minds. And you're right- it's not fighting until someone's on the ground. x)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never fail to amuse me xD

    Fact 4 is indisputable.

    Books are superior to people in that they don't talk back, and if you dislike them you can hide them in the back of your closet and never have to endure another second of them. That's a tad difficult with people.

    Elephants are adorable...YES, they ARE cute, even if they're all wrinkly and gray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Ellie Everdeen, it's very nice to meet you (I didn't catch this when it first came out, so this is pretty overdue, too). Please keep these coming!

    And I'll keep number 10 in mind :D

    ReplyDelete